Professional And Experienced Immigration Law Attorney
Attorney Mayra Calo
With 18 years of experience in the field of immigration, Attorney Calo has dedicated time and effort to help the less fortunate in the immigration community and has worked with many non-profit organizations as she represented many immigrants who were without recourse. In her private practice, Attorney Calo has distinguished herself among immigration attorneys and has actively participated to improive the practice of immigration law in the United States.
Call to schedule a consultation today.
- The Florida Bar Admitted 2002
- Stetson College of Law, Gulfport, FL
- University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Circuit Court, 11th Circuit
- United States District Court, 11th Circuit, Middle District, Tampa Division
Pro Bono Work
- CARA Volunteer Attorney at the Dilley Family Detention Center (Baby Jail), Texas, working to End Family Detention 2015-present
- Attorney Ad Litem for Unaccompanied Minors, Orphans and Refugee Children, 13th Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County, Florida 2008-present
- Volunteer Attorney for Hillsborough Kids, Inc.
- Immigration Clinic, January 2004, Gulf Cost Legal Services
- Ms. Calo frequently accepts private clients for a nominal fee in association with the Florida Center for Survivors of Torture, Lutheran Services and Catholic Charities
- Former Chair of the Pro Bono Committee of the Immigration Court in Bradenton, Florida
- Free Citizenship Drive, September 2003 at the TampaConvention Center, Latin American Chamber of Congress
- Free Citizenship Drive, April 2003, Good Shepherd LutheranChurch
- ACLU, Summer Research Project, Summer 2000
- Weinberg Village, Senior Assisted Living, Jewish Film Festival, Spring 1999-2001
- Metropolitan Ministries, Christmas 1999, 2000, and 2002